Tuesday 5 November 2013

Accessories Week| Sculpted Chair Design

The object which inspired my design was a tall black metal chair which used to represent an abstract side to my identity. The chair represents my physicality: length-Tall  colour-Black ,Emotion- steel chair- Strong,hard to break down and its use- sitting down (comforting, inviting,helpful) These where part of the words that I came up with when thinking of what and how the chair would reflect my identity and how I could develop from this concept.
Fig 2. Authors own (Accessories chair design a/w 2014
Fig 3. side view experimenting different ways to wear accessories design (Authors own)
                                                 Fig 4. Authors own  mirror reflection effect .(sculpted chair necklace design ,a/w 2014)                                                      Overall I was very pleased with the final outcome of my accessory. There were some challenges that i had with carving the negative spaces out using the stanley Knife but it seemed to turn out ok once I got use to controlling the sharp angles within the shapes . influences taken from the previous designer Irav Van Herpen had a big impact on the way I wanted my design to look,being inspired by the  strong strong seance of structure  and manipulation of layering encouraged me to experiment with the different angles i would place each image .

No comments:

Post a Comment