Wednesday 6 November 2013

Design Development |

Design Development week was my time to experiment quick on our feet a to how to create and develop ideas shapes,patterns with quick sketches which lasted less than five minutes each to draw as many different garment pieces as we could think of and as the end result we would create our own collection which we could visualise people wearing in a/w 2014. We also had an exercise had to use the shape that we cut out from paper and manipulate that design into several different looks depending n the emotion given as our brief. I really enjoyed this as it got us to think more into depth sharp ideas visually using the shapes we had created and how we could transform that into something according to the emotion of fierce,gentle,explosive et....
fig 1. Authors own texture-layering 


Fig 2. Evil -design concept
fig 3.Authors own explosive-concept to design


Fig 4. Authors own Anger-concept for design
Fig 5. (Authors own)  a/w collection 
Creating the final design for my collection had it's own challenges but I managed to get there in the end. Looking at my end result I'm most comfortable with drawing my illustrations more than using photoshop. I want and intend to improve on my drawing skills as I strongly am interested in mastering the key to hand drawn illustration. I found that using photoshop was a struggle for me and it's something that I will be working on as I get through more of the course. My design was originally inspired by the shape which a took from a petal off a rose. I tried to develop each garment by using the curved shape in different places to achieve tie in the whole collection. I wanted my collection for a/w 2014 to be something quite subtle,using light material that I could layer across the necklines to build structure in contract to the rest of the garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment